Monday, May 21, 2012

We're here!

Hey guys!

I'm done traveling and now I'm finally in Iraq! I've been here for only a couple of days, but I've already seen so many different things. The first day we arrived at the airport and went through security. I braced myself for the worst thinking the trip past customs and passport checks would be a trial, but instead I found myself walking through the airport, handing my passport to an officer and getting a polite nod to move along with no trouble at all.

Outside the airport Tyler and I met our gracious hosts for the summer, the Courtney family. We headed out to their home and chatted during the car ride about PLC's history and their vision for the future of the company. Once I got to the house, I met some of the other interns. David is a student from Texas who studies journalism and has been on many trips overseas. Monique is a recent graduate from New Zealand, Hong-Kong, and various other places. After going over the house ground rules, I went straight to bed and got ready for our next exciting day in Iraq.

Most of what I've experienced in Iraq has completely challenged my views about their culture, so this will be a tough first couple of days. I'm really excited though for the opportunity to be overseas and I'm having a great time meeting all the new people here.

Until next time,
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment