Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th from the Field

Hey all,


I hope everyone had wonderful 4th of July festivities last night. Craig and I got to go to a party on the roof of a hotel last night that overlooked the city. It was a real treat! We even got to watch some fireworks go off around the city but as you can imagine people were not celebrating the Independence of America. They were actually celebrating a holiday, called barat, where children go around and get candy and money from neighbors to stalk up for Ramadan which is 15 days later.  They also get to play with fireworks which is a plus! And much like in America there are fires because it is very dry here. I am praying for all the fires I have heard about it the states.
Large fire right in town. Sorry for the poor quality.

View from the hotel
I am sorry this note is so short but Craig and I have been incredibly busy with work and hanging out with all of our friends. Please be lifting up our last 3 weeks here in Iraq. Craig and I have been building great relationships with a few friends and we hope to have many more good conversations while we are here. I have added a few photos for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment